On June 4th, at Pro Wrestling WAVE’s most recent show “CATCH THE WAVE 2017 Finals”, Rina Yamashita won the Catch The Wave 2017 tournament. The show took place at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan and drew 688 fans. With Yamashita’s victory, she has now gained the right to challenge Ryo Mizunami for the Regina di WAVE Championship. The rest of the results are below, courtesy of Puroresu Spirit.
- Natsumi Maki and Miyuki Takase defeated Mika Iida and Natsu Sumire after Maki applied a Jackknife Hold on Sumire.
- Rina Yamashita defeated Rin Kadokura in a Catch The Wave 2017 semifinal match to advance to the finals of the Catch The Wave 2017 tournament. Yamashita pinned Kadokura after hitting her with a lariat.
- Misaki Ohata defeated Sareee in a Catch The Wave 2017 semifinal match to advance to the finals of the Catch The Wave 2017 tournament. Ohata won via the Blue Dahlia.
- Tadasuke defeated Keisuke Goto by submission via the Rings of Saturn.
- Yuu Yamagata, ASUKA and Fairy Nipponbashi defeated Mochi Miyagi, Hiroe Nagahama and Moeka Haruhi after ASUKA pinned Haruhi via moonsault press.
- Kaori Yoneyama, Cherry and Hikaru Shida defeated Ryo Mizunami, Yumi Ohka and Yuki Miyazaki in a 2 out of 3 falls match. Ohka pinned Cherry for the first fall, Cherry pinned Ohka for the second fall, and Hikaru Shida beat Regina di WAVE champion Ryo Mizunami with the Tamashi no Three Count to win the match for her team.
- Rina Yamashita defeated Misaki Ohata via lariat to win the Catch The Wave 2017 Tournament. Yamashita wins the right to challenge Ryo Mizunami for the Regina di WAVE Championship.